From misty Northern California redwood forests to sun-kissed Southern California beaches, the enchanted Golden State makes Disneyland seem normal. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of California, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sashay out onto San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, walk beneath ancient redwoods, or taste wine in Sonoma Valley; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet California:
• Color maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, customs, film, television, music, arts, literature, landscapes, wildlife.
• Over 19 color maps.
Coverage Includes: San Francisco, Napa Valley, Coastal Highway 1, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Sierra Nevada, Disneyland, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Palm Springs and more.