A land of the lotus eaters amid the bloated development of its neighbours, Laos brings together the best of Southeast Asia in one bite-sized destination. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Laos, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Laos is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Whiz through the jungle on ziplines in Bokeo Nature Reserve, dine on French cuisine in historic Luang Prabang, or trek to minority villages on the Bolaven Plateau; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Laos Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, environment, wildlife, religion, culture, music, literature, film, dance, architecture, handicrafts, sport, politics.
• Over 40 maps.
Coverage Includes: Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Luang Namtha, Phonsavan, Xieng Khuang, Hua Phan, Ban Phanom, Paksan, Savannakhet, Pakse, Champasak, Si Phan Don and more.