A heady mix of haunting ruins, awe-inspiring art and vibrant street life, Italy's hot-blooded capital is one of the world's most romantic and inspiring cities. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Rome, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Channel your inner gladiator at the Colosseum, spend hours wandering the vast Vatican Museums, or toss a coin and make a wish at Trevi Fountain; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Rome Travel Guide:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cinema, music, cuisine, wine and the Roman way of life.
• Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 34 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, Vatican City, Monti, Esquilino, Trastevere, Gianicolo, Testaccio, Villa Borghese, Lazio, and more.